Storm Over Asia is both a companion game to GMT’s A World at War and Gathering Storm, and is a game in its own right, with its own victory conditions. Starting in 1935, Japan, China, Britain, and Russia prepare for war without being sure of just what is coming. Japan must balance its expansion in China, an impending confrontation with the United States and Russia, and the impact of the Pacific theater in a global war. China, Britain, and Russia must try to resist immediate Japanese expansion, while at the same time laying the groundwork for the successful prosecution of war in the Pacific. These short-term and long-term goals will often be in conflict, and misjudgments in either direction may have dire consequences.
- Approximately 840 full-color die-cut counters.
- One 22"x34" full-color Storm Over Asia mapsheet.
- 50-page Gathering Storm Rulebook
- 30-page A World at War conversion Rulebook
- 24-page Battle Manual, including historical notes
- 2 Scenario Cards
- 80 Random Event cards
- 4 Japanese Random Event Category Cards
- 4 Russian purge cards
- 9 Warlord cards
- 90 point tiles
- 80 activity counters
- 6 player aid sheets
- 2 research record sheets
- 1 Japanese army garrison tracking sheet
- 1 Japanese naval garrison tracking sheet
- 1 United Front tracking sheet