2014 Commander Deck – Sworn to Darkness
Having already taken a look at the Built from Scratch, Guided by Nature, and Forged in Stone 2014 Commander Decks, now its time to go at little dark. Okay, a lot dark. The 2014 black commander deck is called Sworn to Darkness, and at a glance it is everything players will be looking for in a top-tier black deck.
What does it do? This deck focuses on getting a lot of mana in your pool, making sure none of your creatures stay in your graveyard for long, destroying your opponent’s creatures, and dealing with the currency that is Life Points. Its a strong deck, one you can never underestimate.
Lets have a look at its makeup:
- Creatures (28): Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Vampire Hexmage, Burnished Hart, Flesh Carver, Crypt Ghast, Disciple of Bolas, Evernight Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Liliana’s Reaver, Nekrataal, Magus of the Coffers, Raving Dead, Shriekmaw, Bloodgift Demon, Demon of Wailing Agonies, Drana – Kalastria Bloodchief, Ghoulcaller Gisa, Gray Merchant of Asphodel, Morkrut Banshee, Grave Titan, Phyrexian Gargantua, Pontiff of Blight, Reaper from the Abyss, Xathrid Demon, Butcher of Malakir, Overseer of the Damned, Pestilence Demon
- Artifacts (9): Sol Ring, Charcoal Diamond, Jet Medallion, Mind Stone, Swiftfoot Boots, Commander’s Sphere, Unstable Obelisk, Worn Powerstone, Lashwrithe
- Enchantments (1): Bad Moon
- Instants (8): Spoils of Blood, Tragic Slip, Malicious Affliction, Sudden Spoiling, Tendrills of Corruption, Annihilate, Skeletal Scrying, Wake the Dead
- Sorcery (13): Sign in Blood, Read the Bones, Victimize, Syphon Mind, Dread Return, Mutilate, Infernal Offering, Aether Snap, Promise of Power, Necromatic Selection, Black Sun’s Zenith, Profane Command, Dregs of Sorrow
- Land (40): Arcane Lighthouse, Barren Moor, Bojuka Bog, Crypt of Agadeem, Everglades, Ghost Quarter, Myriad Landscape, Polluted Mire, Swamp x32
- Planeswalker: Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath
All of the 2014 Decks are looking incredible, but we have one more to go: Peer Through Time.
Be sure to stop by the Lair every Friday for Friday Night Magic and your shot at being crowned Champion of the Lair.
Also be sure to come by to Vote for your Favorite Teacher.